Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bye Bye Binkie

I decided it was past time to get rid of the binkie.
I let him pick out a toy to sleep witht that would 'replace' the binkie.
We had him throw away his binkies in the big dumpster at matt's work. Conner was so excited about his new Buzz toy and that he was now a Big Boy!

First test: Nap time
Result: Failure
After crying for his binkie and telling me to put Buzz in the garbage I finally had to rock him to sleep

Second Test: Bedtime
Results: Success??
After an hour of crying and coming out of his room I finally locked the door (I know, terrible mom). He finally put himself to bed and here is what I found... Replacing the Binkie with a toy did work, I just didn't think it would literally replace the binkie.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

At least he has Buzz to suck on so maybe he won't steal the baby's binkie when he comes home next week!

Nick & Che` said...

HAHA!! That is so cute! I like how he wanted you to throw Buzz in the dumpster ;) What a smart kid! Glad the toy was a success though.

The Randall Family said...

That is hilarious! Too cute! Sounds just like Chase, who still has his binkie to sleep with! I'll try to tackle that in the fall!

Melissa said...

That's awesome...Too cute. Hopefully the rest of the nights are a success. I dread that day with Brody.