Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lesson NOT Learned

Don't you just love those times as a parent when you feel like your kids have never listened to a single thing you have taught them?  I know I am not the only one who feels this way....right?  Well after this little lesson I thought we were good.

Should have known better.

Kids get bored

Kids get 'creative'

Kids get into trouble



It was way too quiet upstairs.

Side note: I have found that anytime my kids are playing quietly it is NOT a good thing.

When I peeked into my niece's room where Conner and her were playing I was met with quite the 'creative playing'.  They had brought the potty training toilet from the bathroom into the bedroom and since it had no bowl in it they put a towel under it. Which I guess when you are four years old this is considered good planning.  

Unfortunately their playing was not playing after all.  

Yep, they were peeing in it!  Busted Conner in the act (AGAIN!!!).

The towel was a nice thought but someone missed and peed on the carpet.  Probably Conner due to the fact that when I walked into the room he quickly stood up and and started pulling up his pants mid stream. 

How do you punish a kid for this?  Rub their noses in it?  Wait that's for animals.  

2 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

This is the funnest blog ever. :) Just spent a lot of time reading through your hilarious posts and nodding along as almost all had happened to me too! Except for the cat litter one. . . but perhaps that's becaue we don't have a cat?? Our eighteen month old, now eight years old, did however happily chow down on the dog food whenever his dish was left unattended. Does that count??? Nope I'm pretty sure pooping in the cat litter box and then telling the home teacher (ahem. . . I think I know him!) about it trumps nommin a little dog food. You're family, and YOU especially are awesome. :)

childfam09 said...

HAHA!! Oh my goodness! I won't lie...this makes me a little nervous to see what life will be like when my kids hit that age. It makes for some pretty hilarious story telling though right?!