Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Things I shouldn't have to teach my kids

 A few weeks ago I busted Conner peeing in the cats litter box.  I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty funny and had a hard time disciplining him with a straight face.  Fast forward a few more weeks and the home teachers are over.  Samantha tells them that Conner pooped in the litter box.  Peeing was funny, pooping just gross!!  I am instantly red in the face and telling Samantha that what she said isn't true and to not say it.  (ESPECIALLY in front of the home teachers)  She kept insisting that Conner really did poop in the litter box.  I kept insisting that he didn't.  This was getting uncomfortable for not just us but the HT too.  He kindly said something about kids being funny when they are so insistent and the conversation finally moved on.  

When they were gone I asked Conner if he really had pooped in the litter box.  His response..."yep!"

I know he is only four years old and that I haven't covered analogous relationships in preschool with him yet but I REALLY thought this one was self explanatory   I sure was wrong.  


So this is for you Conner:


     

       CAT is to LITTER BOX






                                      AS




          HUMAN is to TOILET

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Wow, my boys peed in our litter box all the time, but never the other! :) Good luck with that one! Totally kidding, boys are crazy!

childfam09 said...

HAHA!! Oh my. That's hilarious! I do love cats and I know that one day we will have one at our house. I'd better remember this story for Kamren lol!